PLI provides environmental management planning service to federal and state agencies, non-governmental agencies, and private contractors. We broker the vast array of expertise at UNLV to assemble multidisciplinary teams to manage cultural and natural resource projects. Our work spans from initial planning and scoping into research, evaluation, monitoring, geospatial analysis, data management, mitigation, and remediation through to final documentation.
The university teams:
- Ensure the integrity of environmental studies
- Understand regulatory processes and requirements
- Possess exceptional competence to provide technical assistance and support for informed decision-making and compliance
We also have the infrastructure, facilities, and advanced laboratories that support Environmental Services. Examples of the support available include:
- Laboratories for analysis of biological, geological, soils, atmospheric, aqueous, and archeological samples;
- National Supercomputing Center for Energy and the Environment (NSCEE) that supports academic and research institutions, government, and private industry, including secure long-term maintenance of cultural and natural resource databases;
- University-wide laboratories for geographical information systems, remote sensing, data mining, and database design, development, and maintenance.
- World-class herbarium of Mojave Desert and southwest U. S. collections,
- Southern Nevada mammalian collection, and
- Southern Nevada Archaeological Archive and Repository.